Earth ~ stability, grounding, centering, food, wealth, crops, animals, strength, protection, nature, death, rebirth, nurturing.
- Direction: North
- Gender: Feminine, Receptive
- Colors: Green, Brown, Black
- Power: Silence
- Tarot: Empress, Emperor, The World
- Hour: Midnight
- Day: Thursday, Saturday
- Archangel: Auriel
- Kerub: Bull
- Herbs: Ash, Dwarf Elm, Hawthorn, Patchouli, Vetiver, Bald Cypress, Oats
- Stones: Amazonite, Emerald, Hematite, Jade, Jet, Lodestone, Malachite, Peridot, Serpentine, Turquoise,
- Season: Winter
- Beings: Gnomes ~ King: Ghobe
- Myth. Beings: Giants, Trolls, Leprechauns
- Zodiac: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
- Planets: Jupiter, Saturn
- Magick: Household, Money, Ancestory, Grounding, eco, Faerie, protection
- Tools: Pentagram, Rock, Hammer, Salt, Shield
- Positive Characteristics: reliable, punctual, stable, persevering, wise.
- Negative Characteristics: Greedy, Sensualist, materialistic, Narrow-minded, stubborn
- Symbols: Downward Triangle with horizontal line through bottom, circle with cross in center
- Chakras: Root
Air ~ Though, communication, travel, intellect, divination, freedom, joy, recovering lost items, abstract thinking, laughter, beginnings
- Direction: East
- Gender: Masculine, Projective
- Tarot: The Fool
- kerub: human
- Colors: Yellow, Clear, Sky Blue, Most Pastels
- Archangel: Raphael
- Active Hour: Dawn
- Day: Wednesday
- Beings: Sylphs ~ King: Paralda
- Myth. Beings: gremlins, pegasus, gryphons
- Hers: Aspen, Alder, Birch, Anise, Lavender, Acacia, Ceder Elm, lemongrass, mistletoe, mimose
- Stones: Mica, Pumice, Fluorite
- Planets: Neptune, Mercury
- Season: Spring
- Zodiac: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
- Tools: Wand, Staff, Incense, Feather, Pen, Broom
- Magick: Study, visualization, divination, finding lost objects, astral projection, travel, telepathy, communication
- Positive Characteristics: Joy, humor, intelligence, intuition, diligent
- Negative: Gossip, boastful, spendthrift, untruthful, selfish, fickle, inattentive
- Symbols: Upright triangle with horizontal line through top, circle with dot in the middle
- Chakras: Heart, (throat and third eye)
Fire ~ action, will, passion, sex, anger, lust, energy, work, healing, purification, destruction, strength, protection
- Direction: South
- Gender: Masculine, Projective
- Power: To Will
- Color: Red, Orange, Gold, Yellow
- Archangel: Michael
- Kerub: Lion
- Tarot: Wands or Swords; Strength, The Sun, Emperor
- Active Hour: Noon
- Day: Sunday, Tuesday
- Beings: Salamanders ~ King: Djinn
- Myth. Beings: Dragon, Pheonix
- Herbs: Thorn, Holly, Oak, Basil, Cinnamon, Garlic, Spanish Dagger, Juniper, Sunflower, Chiletepin, Bay, Carnation, Cedar, Marigold, Dragon’s Blood
- Stones: Amber, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Citrine, Diamond, Garnet, Ruby, Tiger’s Eye
- Planet: Sun, Mars
- Season: Summer
- Zodiac: Leo, Aries, Sagittarius
- Magick: Banishin, exorcism, purification, tantra, sex, empowering, courage, protection, success
- Positive Characteristics: Energetic, enthusiasm, courageous, daring, faithful
- Negative Characteristics: stubborn, greedy, jealous, angry, resentful, holds grudges, vengeful
- Tools: Athame, sword, candle, flame, blood, guitar, drums
- Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Symbols: upward triangle, circle with dot in the middle, flame, circle with upward triangle in the center.Water ~ emotions, dreams, compassion, love, sadness, psychicism, healing, rest, cleansing, dissolution, astral travel, death, rebirth, soothing, flowing, changing
- Direction: West
- Gender: Feminine, receptive
- Power: To dare
- Color: Blues, silvers, purple
- Archangel: Gabriel
- Kerub: Eagle
- Tarot: Cups, Moon, Death, Lovers
- Hour: Dusk
- Days: Mondays, Friday
- Beings: Undines King: Nixsa
- Mythological Beings: Mer-people, sea monsters
- Herbs: Alder, Hazel, Willow, Fern, Aloe, Lemon, Yarrow, American Elm, Myrtle, Bier, Violet
- Stones: Aquamarine, Lapis, limestone, moonstone, pearl, rose quartz, sodalite
- Planet: Moon, Venus
- Zodiac: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
- Season: Fall
- Magick: Love, purification, peace, healing, psychic workings, fertility, emotional
- Positive Characteristics: compassion, loving, forgiving, sensitive, easy-going, modest
- Negative characteristics: overly sensitive, weepy, dependent, indifferent, lazy, insecure, frigid.
- Tools: Goblet, chalice, bowl, cauldron, ring, sickle
- Chakra: Navel (heart)
- Symbols: downward triangle, circle with line horizontally through the middle, half moon facing upward, waves~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~silverwitch:- these are just some of the Elemental Correspondences remember these are sometimes just guides, and you have to find which ones work the best for yourself and your spell work.
Bekkathyst’s Prosperity & Success Jar
I just threw together a little jar to help me focus on my work (business has been a bit slow this month), and lift my spirits a bit. These are just the things that work for me, so it might not be the same for everyone. Before I put everything together, I lit a yellow candle and said this little chant. Just to help me focus on my goal.
Here’s what I added and why:
- Basil- Attracts luck, money, success
- Cinnamon stick- Attracts prosperity
- Ginger root- Attracts money
- Lavender- Eases depression, brings peace
- Nutmeg- Attracts luck and prosperity
- Lemon peel- Rids of negativity
- Orange oil- Attracts luck and success
- A drop of seawater- I added this for me because the ocean is my happy place, and I collected that seawater on a trip to my favorite rocky beach with my husband.
- Natural citrine- Brings luck and prosperity, and banishes negative energy
- Amethyst- Rids of negative energy
- Quartz- For it’s cleansing and balancing properties
As I added everything, I said the properties out loud, and I was very focused on my goal of happiness and prosperity. It helps me to visualize the ocean since it’s my happy place, but you must visualize whatever makes you happy and focused.
The Study Star Candle
This memory spell should be cast before a study session, and it will help you retain what you are reading about. Let the candle burn as you study, and snuff it out when you are done.
- An orange taper candle
- A piece of paper
- Orange or yellow marker
- Sage oil
Light the candle near where you are studying. Focus on the candle light, and open up your thoughts to receive new material. On the paper, draw a seven-pointed star. Try to get it as even as possible but it doesn’t need to be perfect.
Dab a small smudge of oil in the center of the star, then fold up the paper into quarters. Rub another bit of oil onto your forehead between your eyes. Repeat the words:
Open my mind
Open my thoughts
Bring to my memories
What I need to learn.
Hold the ideas
Hold the thoughts
Bring to my memories
While the candle burns.
As you study, keep the paper in your hand or use it as a bookmark. When you’re done your study session, blow out the candle. Save the paper, and use it with the lit candle when you study next time. Just repeat the words each time you do it.
If you are going to be studying somewhere that makes this impossible (like a library or a friend’s home), then light the candle and do the ritual before you leave. Take the star sigil with you and use it as you work. Put out the candle when you get home.
(this is awesome, but I don’t think leaving the candle unattended would be a good idea.)
Tanzanite is a stone of transmutation, shifting from lilac-blue to sapphire blue and into deep blue-violet. In faceted form, it is stunning, celebrated as the Gemstone of the 20th Century. It is one of the most valuable of all metaphysical crystals for spiritual exploration, bringing together all aspects of communication and psychic power. Its high vibrational energy invites protection and safety in linking with higher realms, and allows for deep profound meditation. It is particularly helpful in uniting the mind and heart, teaching one to live from a compassionate heart with an illumined mind.
Tanzanite is blue zoisite, a calcium aluminum silicate, and forms in prismatic, usually striated crystals, transparent to slightly opaque, and ranges in color from deep ultramarine blue to light violet-blue. The most coveted crystals are a saturated blue with a hint of purple around it. In raw form tanzanite occurs as blue, purple, brown and yellow.
Metaphysical and Healing Properties:
Tanzanite aids in sharing spiritual information and knowledge from a heart-centered perspective, making it an excellent crystal for counselors or others in the position of intellectually interpreting emotional experiences. It also benefits empathetic individuals who form interpretations of emotional information they receive intuitively. As a workplace stone, tanzanite is calming and soothing. Even a tiny piece is beneficial for overcoming communication difficulties. It is also practical in providing a solution to problems when there seems to be none. It is a good stone for career change.
Physically, tanzanite is said to strengthen the immune system, detoxify the blood and improve vitality. It promotes the regeneration of cells, skin and hair, and protects against the side-effects of medical or surgical intervention. It is also believed to help bring one from a comatose state.
Worn as jewelry, tanzanite not only stays within one’s auric field and brings one’s consciousness to a permanently higher state, but brings the positive self-awakening qualities to others who see its beauty. Tanzanite is relatively rare and costly, occurring in only one place in the world, the Merelani Hills in Tanzania, East Africa. It was discovered in 1967 and is named for its country of origin. It is not especially durable and should be worn with care.
(Even if you do not partake in the use of spells, steps 2 and 9 are something that I think everyone should do for themselves. You would be surprised by how helpful it can be.)
What you will need:
- String/cord (as long as you, but should be at least the length of your pointer finger)
- Sugar (white, brown, cane, whichever is handy or you would like to use)
- Salt/Sea salt
- Rose buds or Rose petals
- Red or Pink marker
- Take the string/cord and begin to tie it into as many square knots as you would like, over and over again. (like you see in the image). As you are tying these knots, feel all the negativity you may have towards yourself being tied and locked away within the knots. Place the knotted up string/cord within your envelope.
- Most important step, write yourself a love letter, yep you heard me correctly. Write out everything and anything that you like/love about yourself. Get as detailed as you possibly can.
- Place your letter into the envelope
- Place a pinch of the salt (protection) into the envelope and whisper/say/think to yourself "To this love I shall protect"
- Place a pinch or two of your sugar (sweet things) into the envelope "Sweet things of me I won’t forget"
- Place a few Rose buds/petals (love) into the envelope "May I love myself day and night"
- Do not seal your envelope but do close it, and draw a heart with your marker over the bottom/center part where it V’s “For after all, being me is just right”
- Place your letter in a location that is somewhat out of mind, but will not get lost. As you may need to use it again (Step #9)
- Whenever you are feeling down or need a little bit of self-love, either hold your envelope and rustle it in your fingers (listening to the salt/sugar/rose move around) and remember what you wrote or, even better, take out the letter and read it to yourself feeling that energy of love for yourself flow through you.
This must be performed outside: it cleanses ritual space, releases healing energy into the surrounding area, and will provide personal cleansing for anyone exposed to the smoke.
- Burning juniper branches are the foundation for this formula.
- Pine branches may also be added as an optional ingredient for additional power.
- Lay fresh rosemary and lavender stalks on the burning branches.
- Fragrant resins such as frankincense, myrrh and/ or mastic may be added to the resulting bonfire.